Salusbury WORLD © Copyright 2005 - 2007
Working with Testimonies: Sado's Story
The following are suggested questions/approaches you may want to ask the children if you are working with Sado's story in class:
- Where is Sado living now? Do you think she is happy?
- Take it in turns to tell your partner the 5 most important things that you remember from the story. Try to have at least one thing from each paragraph.
- What do you know about Somalia? Where could you find out more?
- 'The Colour of Home'
- 'The Deceiver' (Somali folk story) published by the Refugee Council
- the internet
- children in the class
- Think about the story, and then make a picture. You may want to draw/paint a part of the story, or you may want to do something that expresses you feelings.
- Or: Imagine that you are one of Sado's friends. You have just heard her story. Write her a letter, letting her know how you feel.
- Or: Useful poems
One of these could be used as a model for a similar response